Deciding to become pregnant is an exciting time, however for some it can be a difficult and frustrating process. Some women become pregnant easily, others need support and more time. At BodaHealth, we understand that from preconception to postpartum, the support and healthcare needs are different for each individual. For that reason, our strategy for your care and treatments will be unique to you and customized throughout every stage of your journey.
Your care is tailored to you every step of the way:
- Whether you are trying to conceive naturally or with the help of assisted reproductive technology (ART), the months before you conceive play a vital role in your entire pregnancy. During this time, our focus is on regulating your menstrual cycle, increasing blood flow to your uterus, boosting overall health, and supporting your emotional well-being. If you’re undergoing assisted reproductive treatments, such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET), Donor Insemination (DI) or Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), our focus is to support you through those treatments, increase your chances of becoming pregnant and help alleviate any side-effects you have from fertility medications.
- During pregnancy, we can provide natural relief from symptoms, such as nausea and vomiting and edema, as well as miscarriage prevention. Our focus for you is on a healthy pregnancy, and to prepare your body for labor and delivery.
- The postpartum period is sometimes referred to as your fourth trimester. Our focus for your treatment is geared toward rest, recovery, healing, and bonding with your baby. Your care plan may involve acupuncture, naturopathic medicine, and nutritional therapy to support breastfeeding, sleep, and overall recovery.
How we can help you:
At BodaHealth, we offer Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Osteopathy and Naturopathic Medicine, which are invaluable healing tools, especially in the area of reproductive health. At the heart of all of these modalities is identifying the underlying cause of any problems and treating every aspect of you at its source, not just your symptoms.
In the fertility process, Acupuncture may be used to improve your overall health, address any symptoms you may be experiencing, as well as to support your reproductive health. Studies have shown that acupuncture can help regulate your cycles, promote ovulation, stabilize your hormones, increase circulation to your uterus and ovaries, and reduce stress. In addition to acupuncture, our practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine are able to prescribe herbs, nutritional therapy, and lifestyle strategies for the best outcomes.
At BodaHealth, we also offer cold laser therapy as a valuable strategy to support your fertility. Cold laser is also called low level laser therapy, and is a safe and gentle therapy. It uses low-intensity light, often on specific acupuncture points, that produces changes deep within your body’s tissues, at the cellular level. Scientists have discovered that cold laser therapy can boost the success rate of women undergoing assisted reproductive technologies, help improve egg quality, treat PCOS and endometriosis, and improve sperm quality and motility in men.
When it comes to fertility, naturopathic medicine often goes hand in hand with acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Our naturopathic doctors are general practitioners who focus on natural medicine solutions. They are able to provide testing to determine any hormonal imbalances or other issues that may be affecting your fertility. When necessary, they can prescribe Western medications and hormones, as well as herbs and supplements to treat any imbalances or health issues you may be experiencing.
At BodaHealth, we have practitioners of acupuncture and naturopathic doctors who are specifically trained and focus on fertility. They are committed to supporting you throughout every stage of your pregnancy.
As a way to provide optimal care during your fertility journey, our acupuncturists and naturopathic doctors partner with osteopathic practitioners. Our osteopaths are whole body practitioners, and their goal is to understand the source of any health issues you may have. They work with you to diagnose, address and prevent illness, injuries and imbalances. Through osteopathic manipulative treatment, they are able to address any environmental or lifestyle factors that may be affecting your fertility.
We also consider our massage therapists an essential part of our team. That’s because our Registered Massage Therapists are highly trained health care professionals. They are skilled in a wide variety of hands-on techniques as a way to support your physical and emotional health during this important time.
How we work:
Your journey with BodaHealth begins with an initial exam. At that appointment, we will talk about your fertility history and any related symptoms that you may be having. We will also ask about your overall health, such as your sleep patterns, energy levels, and digestion. If necessary, blood, urine, or saliva testing may be ordered at this time.
From your health history and exam, we will arrive at a diagnosis and develop a plan for your treatment. The healing tools that may be involved in that plan include acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, naturopathic medicine, massage therapy, diet and nutritional therapy, and lifestyle strategies. Our goal is to lay the groundwork for a healthy pregnancy.
Throughout your treatment, the BodaHealth practitioners will support you by providing regular updates, education, additional resources, and referrals, when necessary.
What sets BodaHealth apart when it comes to fertility and pregnancy?
- Fertility and pregnancy is not a cookie cutter process. We work with you to develop a treatment strategy that is unique to you.
- For optimal results, we base your preconception treatments on the phases of your menstrual cycle. In addition, if you are pursuing assisted reproductive treatments, we will support those treatments through a variety of methods. We also help with the side effects of fertility drugs.
- We may coordinate our services with those of fertility clinic or other healthcare providers you may be utilizing.
- This is your journey. Our doctors and practitioners collaborate with you every step of the way.
- At BodaHealth we are committed to instilling calm into what can be a stressful time.
- Our practitioners have experience in treating a variety of conditions that may affect your fertility. These include diminished ovarian reserve, premature ovarian failure, luteal phase defect, recurring miscarriages, menstrual disorders, endometriosis, PCOS, and thyroid disorders. In addition, we are experienced in working with male factor infertility.
Your decision to seek out help with your pregnancy is a significant. At BodaHealth, we understand the importance of your decision, and are here to support you every step of the way.