Deciding to become pregnant is an exciting time, however for some, it can be a difficult and frustrating process. Some women become pregnant easily, others need support and more time. At BodaHealth, we understand that from preconception to postpartum, the support and healthcare needs are different for each individual. For that reason, our strategy for your care and treatments will be unique to you and customized throughout every stage of your journey.
Your care is tailored to you every step of the way:
- Whether you are trying to conceive naturally or with the help of assisted reproductive technology (ART), the months before you conceive play a vital role in your entire pregnancy. During this time, our focus is on regulating your menstrual cycle, increasing blood flow to your uterus, boosting overall health, and supporting your emotional well-being. If you’re undergoing assisted reproductive treatments, such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET), Donor Insemination (DI) or Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), our focus is to support you through those treatments, increase your chances of becoming pregnant and help alleviate any side-effects you have from fertility medications.
- During pregnancy, we can provide natural relief from symptoms, such as nausea and vomiting and edema, as well as miscarriage prevention. Our focus for you is on a healthy pregnancy, and to prepare your body for labor and delivery.
- The postpartum period is sometimes referred to as your fourth trimester. Our focus for your treatment is geared toward rest, recovery, healing, and bonding with your baby. Your care plan may involve acupuncture, naturopathic medicine, and nutritional therapy to support breastfeeding, sleep, and overall recovery.
How we can help you:
At BodaHealth, we offer Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Holistic Nutrition, Osteopathy and Naturopathic Medicine, which are invaluable healing tools, especially in the area of reproductive health. At the heart of all of these modalities is identifying the underlying cause of any problems and treating every aspect of you at its source, not just your symptoms.
In the fertility process, Acupuncture may be used to improve your overall health, address any symptoms you may be experiencing, as well as to support your reproductive health. Studies have shown that acupuncture can:
- help regulate your cycles
- promote ovulation
- stabilize your hormones
- increase circulation to your uterus and ovaries
- reduce stress.
In addition to acupuncture, our practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine are able to prescribe herbs, nutritional therapy, and lifestyle strategies for the best outcomes.
At BodaHealth, we also offer cold laser therapy as a valuable strategy to support your fertility. Cold laser is also called low level laser therapy, and is a safe and gentle therapy. It uses low-intensity light, often on specific acupuncture points, that produces changes deep within your body’s tissues, at the cellular level. Scientists have discovered that cold laser therapy can boost the success rate of women undergoing assisted reproductive technologies, help improve egg quality, treat PCOS and endometriosis, and improve sperm quality and motility in men.
When it comes to fertility, naturopathic medicine often goes hand in hand with acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Our naturopathic doctors are general practitioners who focus on natural medicine solutions. They are able to provide testing to determine any hormonal imbalances or other issues that may be affecting your fertility. When necessary, they can prescribe Western medications and hormones, as well as herbs and supplements to treat any imbalances or health issues you may be experiencing.
Beyond acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, BodaHealth has many other modalities and treatment offerings that are designed with fertility support in mind. A Fertility Nutrition Care Plan that is designed for fertility and tailored to your individual needs can not only help you to conceive, but help prepare your body for pregnancy. By working one-on-one with Ewa, our fertility nutritionist, you will address imbalances, focus on removing barriers to conception, and nourish your body for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Ewa’s nutrition packages include an in-depth initial consultation, subsequent one-on-one private nutrition sessions over the span of one, three, or six months, custom weekly meal plans with fertility-focused
Your nutritional status is an important component in supporting fertility and preparing your body for pregnancy. At BodaHealth, we recognize the essential role that good nutrition can play in your fertility journey by offering the services of our holistic nutritionist. Our nutritionist can help you address imbalances, work on removing nutritional barriers to conception and provide a pathway to nourish your body for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Fertility nutrition services at BodaHealth include an in-depth initial consultation followed by one-on-one private nutrition sessions and a personalized care plan. Your plan will include custom meal guidelines, fertility-focused recipes and guidance on supplementation and lifestyle. You’ll also have support in the form of weekly check-ins to address questions, provide emotional support and check progress toward your goals.
At BodaHealth, we have practitioners of acupuncture, a naturopathic doctor and a holistic nutritionist who are specifically trained and focus on fertility. They are committed to supporting you throughout every stage of your pregnancy.
As a way to provide optimal care during your fertility journey, our acupuncturists and naturopathic doctors partner with osteopathic practitioners. Our osteopaths are whole body practitioners, and their goal is to understand the source of any health issues you may have. They work with you to diagnose, address and prevent illness, injuries and imbalances. Through osteopathic manipulative treatment, they are able to address any environmental or lifestyle factors that may be affecting your fertility.
We also consider our massage therapists an essential part of our team. That’s because our Registered Massage Therapists are highly trained health care professionals. They are skilled in a wide variety of hands-on techniques as a way to support your physical and emotional health during this important time.
How we work:
Your journey with BodaHealth begins with an initial exam. At that appointment, we will talk about your fertility history and any related symptoms that you may be having. We will also ask about your overall health, such as your sleep patterns, energy levels, and digestion. If necessary, blood, urine, or saliva testing may be ordered at this time.
From your health history and exam, we will arrive at a diagnosis and develop a plan for your treatment. The healing tools that may be involved in that plan include acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, naturopathic medicine, massage therapy, diet and nutritional therapy, and lifestyle strategies. Our goal is to lay the groundwork for a healthy pregnancy.
Throughout your treatment, the BodaHealth practitioners will support you by providing regular updates, education, additional resources, and referrals, when necessary.
What sets BodaHealth apart when it comes to fertility and pregnancy?
- Fertility and pregnancy is not a cookie-cutter process. We work with you to develop a treatment strategy that is unique to you.
- For optimal results, we base your preconception treatments on the phases of your menstrual cycle. In addition, if you are pursuing assisted reproductive treatments, we will support those treatments through a variety of methods. We also help with the side effects of fertility drugs.
- We may coordinate our services with those of fertility clinic or other healthcare providers you may be utilizing.
- This is your journey. Our doctors and practitioners collaborate with you every step of the way.
- At BodaHealth we are committed to instilling calm into what can be a stressful time.
- Our practitioners have experience in treating a variety of conditions that may affect your fertility. These include:
- diminished ovarian reserve
- premature ovarian failure
- luteal phase defect
- recurring miscarriages
- menstrual disorders
- thyroid disorders.
- In addition, we are experienced in working with male factor infertility.
Your decision to seek out help with your pregnancy is a significant. At BodaHealth, we understand the importance of your decision, and are here to support you every step of the way.
Pregnant after a long journey!
“My second time trying to conceive proved to be much more challenging than the first. In total it took 10 months and since we were using assisted reproductive technology it was an especially challenging time in our lives. Dawn helped me relax in between and prior to my procedures. The time was very valuable to me since having a toddler meant that I wasn’t getting very much down time on a day to day basis. I felt like the massages were very useful in between fertility clinic visits, a difficult time because we would find out the procedure had not worked and were waiting to try again. The month we conceived, Dawn gave me a massage just a few hours before my procedure. I was relaxed and confident going in and couldn’t have felt any better. Thank you for all the support you gave me throughout the past year.”
“We had experienced many years of fertility challenges and were about to give up. Dr. Jeda Boughton was integral in the process of our getting pregnant, staying pregnant & now in post-pregnancy care. We credit her expertise and contemporary approach in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. I especially appreciate her sensitivity, gentleness and being so easy to talk to. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Dr. Boughton.”
— Yvonne Finley
She Truly Cares
“My husband and I had tried for over 2 years to conceive for a second time. After surgery to remove a blocked fallopian tube and one failed IVF cycle, I began to see Jeda for acupuncture treatment and Traditional Chinese Medicine (herbs). Several months later (a week before starting another IVF cycle), we were ecstatic to find out we were pregnant. I continued to see Jeda for herbs (I won’t lie – they taste horrible!!) and acupuncture treatments to help sustain the pregnancy and relieve some back and leg pain. By the end of the third trimester, Jeda focused the treatments on preparing my body for a healthy delivery and my precious little girl arrived on February 20, 2008! I can’t say enough about the support and care I received while seeing Jeda. She is very professional and knowledgeable and truly cares for her patients. I would highly recommend Jeda Boughton to any woman dealing with fertility issues or wanting to ease the aches and pains of pregnancy.”
— Martina Rempel
Astute and Professional Care
Complete the form below for a free consultation!