In no period in history have we been so concerned about health and avoiding disease. Why then do so many of us struggle with weight gain, disease and degeneration? Why have we become so addicted to processed flour, sugar and caffeine? Food manufacturing is the largest industry in North America so the competition to put food on your plate is big business. The food manufacturing industry is motivated by profit, not your health. Consuming empty foods, devoid of nutrients, negatively impacts our wellbeing while filling corporate pockets.
What has happened to our food? In order to serve a growing population and a modern culture, the food industry engineers food for mass consumption, making it more addictive and reducing essential nutrients. We have traded wholesome enlivening food for convenience. Instead of using food as nature’s medicine, we view food merely as calories and macronutrients. Our taste buds have been manipulated to crave more sodium, sugar and fat while losing the ability to enjoy fresh, wholesome, real food.
The good news is that the answer is easier than you think. The current epidemic of chronic degenerative diseases – obesity, diabetes, IBS, cancer and heart disease – can be reversed using whole foods. Whole (real) food is fresh, local or seasonal food that is unrefined, unprocessed and additive-free.
At BodaHealth, whole food therapy includes:
- Comprehensive nutritional assessment and profile which will support your goals such as weight-loss, increased energy, hormone balancing and immune boosting
- Individually tailored system of whole food selection and preparation that fits easily into your work week
- Weekly meal plan that will eliminate your dependence on supplements, sugars and caffeine by eating the rights foods
- Sustainable shopping guide that will save you time, energy and money
- Simple, delicious wholesome recipes that you and your family will LOVE
What and how you eat is the thing you do on a daily basis that will create the most permanent change.