- 1 1/2 cup mashed overripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup yogurt**
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice***
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Flour: I have tried this recipe with white, spelt, and whole wheat pastry flour.
** Yogurt: vegan options that work well include coconut milk yogurt, cashew yogurt, soy yogurt, and almond milk yogurt
*** Milk: I like this recipe best with cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a loaf pan (9×5 or 4×8) with oil (like grapeseed or coconut)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet into dry, and stir to form a batter. If using chocolate chips and/or walnuts, fold into the batter at the end. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the centre rack 40 minutes. Check every 5 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving.
Ewa Reid is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) with an additional Holistic Culinary certification from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. She is also currently certifying as a Fertility Support Practitioner (FSP). Ewa has over 5 years of experience working in women’s reproductive health and specializes in fertility, pregnancy and postpartum care. To book a nutrition consulting package or request a fertility meal plan, contact the BodaHealth reception team.