- 1 1/2 cup mashed overripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup yogurt**
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice***
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Flour: I have tried this recipe with white, spelt, and whole wheat pastry flour.
** Yogurt: vegan options that work well include coconut milk yogurt, cashew yogurt, soy yogurt, and almond milk yogurt
*** Milk: I like this recipe best with cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a loaf pan (9×5 or 4×8) with oil (like grapeseed or coconut)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet into dry, and stir to form a batter. If using chocolate chips and/or walnuts, fold into the batter at the end. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the centre rack 40 minutes. Check every 5 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving.
Ewa completed the Natural Nutrition program from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in 2017 and holds the designation of Registered Holistic Nutritionist. She also earned her Holistic Culinary Certificate from CSNN in the same year.