4-6 lb Chuck roast
Fresh Thyme – 2 sprigs (Optional)
6 Carrots cut into large pieces
4 Potatoes (optional) cut into large chunks
1 Medium onion chopped
2 Cloves of garlic cut in halves
2 cups broth (beef, veggie or hot water)
2 TBS red wine
Parsley or green onion as a garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and thyme over the roast.
- Heat a frying pan and brown the roast on all sides.
- Place the roast, vegetables and thyme sprigs in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours, medium for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours
- Garnish with parsley or green onion
Dr. Jeda Boughton is a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Registered Acupuncturist in Vancouver. She is also a Registered Herbologist and the founder of BodaHealth.