Her areas of expertise include:
- Thyroid Imbalance
- Auto immune and endocrine disorders
- Sports injuries & Pain
Dr. Boughton has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) since 2003. She has been a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM) since 2012. She is excited to work with other skilled practitioners who specialize in acupuncture, massage, Tui Na and holistic nutrition.
Since beginning her practice, Dr. Boughton has focused on treating women’s health, menopause, thyroid imbalance, fertility and pregnancy. Recognizing the genuine need for specialized knowledge within TCM, she has undertaken extensive additional training with well-known specialists in the following areas:
- Obstetrics with specialists Jean Levesque, Bob Flaws, Debra Betts and Raven Lang
- Women’s health and pediatrics with instructors such as Randine Lewis, Jane Lyttleton, Peter Deadman, Mike Berkley, Diane Cridennda, Dr. Paul Magarelli, Brandon Horn, Wendy Yu, Bruce Robinson, Dr. Verna Hunt, Kiiko Matsumoto and Sharon Weizenbaum
- Skin disease with Dr. Robert Helmer and Mazin Al-Khafaji
- Immune and digestive disorders with Dr. Andrew Gaeddert
- Neuroimmunology with Dr. Stephen Marini
- Advanced TCM diagnosis with Barbara Kirschbaum, Bob Flaws and Honora Lee Wolfe
- Musculo skeletal disorders and rehab with Dale Buchberger
- Pain management with Dr. Robert Chu, Carla Green and Dr. Patricia Wales
With a love of teaching, Dr. Boughton shares her knowledge of TCM and specific health topics through ongoing community workshops. Examples of open-registration workshops she offers on a regular basis include:
- Natural Solutions for Thyroid and Hormone Health
- What is TCM? An easy to understand explanation of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Hormone HELL-P: How your hormones work and how TCM can optimize their function
- Ease Arthritis with Acupuncture: Learn how TCM and acupuncture successfully relieves pain, inflammation and increases mobility
- Acupressure for Pregnancy and Labour
- Move Gracefully Into Menopause
- Natural Solutions for the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
Follow BodaHealth on Facebook or check the website for announcements of upcoming workshops and events. Dr. Boughton is also pleased to offer workshops by special request.
In addition to workshops, Dr. Boughton actively contributes to the growing TCM community through her work with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA). She is an examiner for the acupuncture licensing exam and is a member of the exam development team for both the acupuncture and the Doctor of TCM exams. The CTCMA is the official professional licensing authority established in 1996 by the Government of BC to regulate the practice of TCM and acupuncture in the province.
Read some of Dr. Boughton's Success Stories Here
Call BodaHealth today to book a session with Vancouver acupuncturist Dr. Jeda Boughton and find out how she can help you achieve optimal wellness.
Ever wondered what it takes to become a TCM practitioner? Check out our FAQs for an answer to this and other common questions.
NOTE: All fees below include applicable taxes
Initial Consultation with Treatment: $160
Subsequent Treatments: $95
Fees for onsite IVF transfers:
Pre and Post IVF embryo transfer at BodaHealth: $190*
On site Pre and Post IVF embryo transfer at Genesis & Grace: $300
*plus $65 additional initial consult fee if applicable
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm