1.5 kilos pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into cubes
3 carrots, peeled and cut
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
100 grams butter
Water or vegetable broth
1 tin of coconut milk
Salt and white pepper according to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot and lightly sauté the onion, pumpkin, sweet potato, and carrot.
- Add water or broth until the pot is 3/4 full.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer in a covered pot for approximately 45 minutes.
- When the vegetables are soft, blend with a hand blender. If you do not have a hand blender, wait until the soup cools a bit and then transfer to a blender. Blend until the soup is smooth and creamy. If it is too thick, add a bit of water or broth.
- If using a blender, return the soup to the pot, add the coconut milk, salt and pepper and cook an additional 10 minutes on a low flame. Do not boil.
- Option: garnish with coconut flakes.
Cindy Solkin is a Certified Pilates Instructor and Nutritionist at BodaHealth in Vancouver, British Columbia.