Low fat, high in protein, and very quick and easy to make. I love tofu done this way to add to any meal – they almost taste like Paneer cheese! I like to trade animal-based proteins for plant-based proteins a few times a week and sprouted tofu is a great option because it is easier to digest than regular tofu.
This is all you need:
- 1 package of Firm Organic Sprouted Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon of Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of butter (or olive or sesame oil if you want to go truly vegan)
- Heat butter or oil in a frying pan to medium or just under medium heat
- Cut Tofu (in any shape you desire and place in a bowl)
- Add Tamari to the bowl and stir.
- Add the Tofu pieces to the frying pan
- Allow to brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes and turn, they should be done in 10-15 min depending on heat
Add to any meal. I like them on top of a salad, bed of lettuce, spinach or in a rice dish or as a side to any meal. Let me know how you like them!
Dr. Jeda Boughton is a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Registered Acupuncturist in Vancouver. She is also a Registered Herbologist and the founder of BodaHealth.