1/4 cup organic grass fed milk (or dairy alternative)*
1 tbsp organic grass-fed butter (or dairy alternative)**
1/4 Bell pepper (chopped)
2 tbsp Green onion (chopped)
2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
2 tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
Salt, Black & Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
*I find that when it comes to omelettes, oat or cashew milk work best as dairy-free alternatives
**Grapeseed oil is my favourite for medium to high heat cooking.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat, and keep the temperature low and slow when cooking the eggs so the bottom doesn’t get too brown or overcooked.
- While your skillet heats up, in a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs lightly with a fork.
- Add the eggs to your skillet. Let the eggs sit for a minute, then use a heatproof silicone spatula to gently lift the cooked eggs from the edges of the pan.
- Fill the omelette with the bell pepper, green onion, parsley and dill. Cook for a few more minutes (until the top of the omelette has solidified. Season to taste.
- Fold the omelette in half and turn the heat to low. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slide it onto a plate with the help of a silicone spatula. Enjoy.
Ewa completed the Natural Nutrition program from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in 2017 and holds the designation of Registered Holistic Nutritionist. She also earned her Holistic Culinary Certificate from CSNN in the same year.