Acupuncture & Fertility
Research has shown that regular acupuncture treatments increases the success of clinical pregnancy.* Acupuncture is a safe, effective form of treatment that uses fine needles on specific points on the body to increase blood flow, relax the nervous system, balance hormones, improve sperm parameters and reduce stress. To learn more about fertility acupuncture click here.
Fertility Massage uses gentle soft tissue techniques to support women for both natural conception and assisted reproductive technologies. These techniques help optimize your fertility by:
- Increasing blood and lymph circulation throughout your body, and specifically bringing fresh oxygenated blood and nutrients to your reproductive and digestive organs
- Detoxifying to cleanse your system and improve the function of your hormones
- Releasing pelvic adhesions with the goal of increasing the likelihood of implantation
- Improving sleep to restore healing and bring balance to your immune system
- Reducing stress and promoting relaxation
For Fertility Massage FAQs please click here.
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
An IVF and FET treatment plan that includes acupuncture sessions significantly improves IVF and FET outcomes.*
BodaHealth provides regular acupuncture treatments:
- during the weeks leading up to your embryo transfer
- on the day of embryo transfer (pre- and post- transfer treatments)
- during implantation (3 - 7 days post-transfer)
- to support your pregnancy
Acupuncture during these times is used to:
- increase blood flow to the uterine lining
- minimize the negative side effects of fertility medications
- enhance implantation thereby increasing pregnancy rates
- reduce stress and anxiety, increasing the potential for carrying to term
- increase the comfort of your IVF procedures
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) and Donor Insemination (DI)
Acupuncture sessions are recommended leading up to insemination to increase positive IUI and DI outcomes by stimulating ovulation and increasing blood flow to the uterus. It is also effective in reducing nausea and cramping post procedure.
Acupuncture for Male Fertility
Acupuncture can increase sperm morphology and motility*, as well as:
- increase erectile function and sex drive
- treat prostate problems
- decrease pelvic pain
To learn more about treatment for male factor fertility click here.
Natural Fertility & General Health
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture begin with a holistic analysis of the entire body, with the goal of correcting imbalances. It is used to treat internal gynecological issues including: PCOS, endometriosis, low ovarian reserve, weight gain/loss, anovulation, dysmenorrhea, and irregular or absent menstrual cycles.*
Herbs, supplements and nutritional plans are often prescribed to specifically enhance fertility by improving your overall wellbeing and lifestyle. Simple changes such as these can help you conceive naturally, and also prepare your body for your IVF cycle and a healthy pregnancy.
BodaHealth is a comprehensive complementary healthcare clinic with specialists in women’s health and reproductive medicine. Our nurturing environment and knowledgeable practitioners provide you with quality care, guidance and support on your fertility journey.
The practitioners at BodaHealth have extensive training in the areas of reproductive health (male and female), gynecology and obstetrics. Our Doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine are Fellows of the American Board of Reproductive Medicine** (FABORM) and possess the qualifications and experience to provide the support you need on your path to conception.
At BodaHealth we provide personalized care for each individual and couple. We work with you to develop a treatment plan for preconception, conception, pregnancy and postpartum care. Your treatment plan is customized and modified at each stage of your journey.
Once you are pregnant, acupuncture and massage therapy offer drug-free relief from complications associated with pregnancy including nausea, vomiting, edema and the prevention of miscarriage.
What sets us apart? We help to demystify the medical process, we assist with IVF coordination, we integrate our services with fertility clinics and other complementary professional healthcare services, and we instill direction and calm in the fertility journey. Our caring staff and team of practitioners collaborates with you every step of the way.
To book an appointment please call our office at 604-733-2632